Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just keep swimming....

A couple of things today. Firstly, I know it's been a while since I posted, and that is largely because I have just been really busy working on book, latex, and convention projects. That said, there has been a lot of little movement across all fronts that I would like to report upon!

So, secondly! All three Kalijor novels are now also available on the Nook, via the Barnes & Nobel book store, which means that if you stop by their brick and mortar stores with your Nook, you can browse any of the books on your device to decide if you'd like to invest in one (or all three). They are priced at the same $2.99 as on all other digital platforms.

Thirdly, I have been making moulds, to make props for my friends, family, and model(s) to use when cos-playing at conventions! It's been fun, and educational, although I have to say that my sculpting skills are extremely limited. I can see these things perfectly in my head, but the translation into three dimensions is just not as accurate as I want. They're still cool. Just not as amazing as I picture them in my head.

I need to get a rapid prototyper in the house. With that, and some 3D Studio/Maya action, I could really knock these out of the house!

Fourthly, we are getting geared up for GenCon, which is amazingly, only a month and a half away now! I need to get books ordered, and I'd still like to get a new banner or two put together as well... One piece at a time, we will build an impressive convention display/booth!

Fifth(ly?), I am currently running a contest on the Kalijor Press Facebook page, to give away a free eBook (your choice of mobi or ePub format, and your choice of which novel). All you have to do in order to be eligible, is 'Like' the page. Once we get to 50 'likes', I'll roll a D50 to select the winner and ping them via PM to ask which format/book they want. I'd love to make a regular thing of this, to spread the word, as well as to start building out that fan base. You can find the Kalijor Press FB page, here.

I think that's about it for this update, and I need to go fry some chicken, so I am going to call it. Thank you all for your energy, and keep those imaginations burning brightly!

End of line...

Paul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home